Monday, April 10, 2017

Thank You For Voting For Me For Houston Pride Parade Grand Marshal

Image result for pride houston 2017 logo
The opportunity to vote for the 2017 Houston Pride Parade grand marshal closed at 5 PM CST yesterday afternoon, no now it's all about counting the votes and finding out who won later this month

I want to thank all of you who did vote for me and helped spread the word about my candidacy for it side I have been quite busy this month fighting the Lone Star Forces of Intolerance, and attending two conferences in Boston and Orlando that were set up months before I agreed to place my name in nomination for 2017 female pride grand marshal.

I won't find out until later this month if I made history by becoming only the third African American female grand marshal in Houston pride parade history and the first ever Black transgender one.

It would also be wonderful if Lou Weaver made that history with me.  He would not only become the first ever trans masculine Houston Pride parade grand marshal, if we both won in 2017 it would would be the first time ever for ANY pride parade to have trans masculine and trans feminine parade grand marshals concurrently serving in the same parade.

We'll see if I made history again in a few weeks
   

No comments: