Friday, November 07, 2014

Moni's In Chicago!

After a flight that arrived at MDW early, which allowed me to catch the first CTA train headed to downtown to my hotel, got here to the Palmer House Hilton a little after 4:30 PM

And one of the things on the agenda was destroying a Giordano's Pizza for the first time since I did so with my Louisville housemates back in 2009.

There were a few tour groups that had the same idea.

Thanks to my fellow Texan Lisa Martinez, we made that happen..  There was a Giordano's location on W. Jackson St. a few blocks from my hotel, the Palmer House Hilton.

Thanks Lisa for the pizza and the conversation.

All I can say about the hotel is wow. Nice doesn't even begin to cover it.   This historic hotel has pictures on the walls of all the artists that performed at its Empire Room like Eartha Kitt, Dorothy Dandridge, Sam Cooke and Nat King Cole just to name a few of them that were hanging on the wall of my floor.   My room has an art deco feel to it.

They are also filming scenes for a movie not far from where I'm staying.

Hoping to catch up with my Chicago peeps while I'm here, and your best shot to do that is catch my panel I'm on during the Representing Trans* Symposium tomorrow or call me on my cell.

No comments: