Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy 104th Anniversary AKA!

As you longtime readers know I have much love for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

I grew up surrounded by proud college educated African-American women who wore the sorority's salmon pink and apple green colors and were (or still are) trailblazing leaders in mine and other communities in the States and around the world.  

Some of those AKA women are in my own family as well and I used to read my mom's Ivy Leaf magazines when she and my sister were done with them.  

I'm taking a moment to give a TransGriot shout out to all my AKA readers who are celebrating the January 15, 1908 day on the Howard University campus 104 years ago that the world's first African-American Greek letter sorority was founded and later incorporated by African-American women. 

Happy Founders Day AKA!
  . 

No comments: