Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Think, Therefore I...

Depends on the person.

To some, me thinking about and articulating those thoughts on the electronic pages of TransGriot, on mine or other people's blogs across the blogosphere or Facebook is a good thing.

To others, it scares the crap out of them because it runs counter to their narrow points of view.

To another group they absolutely hate the fact that my thought processes not only don't neatly line up with theirs, but I'm bold enough to write it down and say it as well and it royally pisses them off.

To another group of people it's the fact that an African descended person has the temerity and willingness to tell it like it T-I-S makes them go apoplectic.

And yes, I'm proud to be an intelligent, thinking African descended woman of trans experience.   I love this electronic platform I have to articulate my thoughts and bring the noise and the funk of my culture.

I'm proud to be able to drive home the point that African American transpeople exist and have a reasoned voice to add to the debate about what makes our part of the diverse mosaic of human life as interesting as it is.

And no, I'm not going to let you or the blogosphere forget that I see things through a chocolate flavored prism, and my voice about trans issues is just as valid and important as anyone else's out there.

I think, therefore I am

And as Parliament-Funkadelic has reminded us, it ain't illegal yet to think..





No comments: