Thursday, April 01, 2010

Dan Savage To Transition

Dan Savage stunned a hastily called press conference today by announcing that he was planning to begin a gender transition.

"I can no longer fight the desire to live an authentic life and be the person I know I was born to be."

Savage has come under fire from trans people for his transphobic commentary, and most recently calling Washington state DA Rob McKenna a transman. But now that Mr. Savage is becoming Ms. Savage, he asked for forgiveness from his fellow transpeople.

'I'm sorry for all the comments that may have hurt my people. I know I have much to atone for, and I can promise you that I'll be an asset to our community and not a detriment to it."

Now if he'll just apologize his negative comments about African-Americans everything will be copacetic.

No comments: