Monday, March 15, 2010

Moni's 2010 NCAA Men's B-Ball Bracket

Well, peeps. I'm still on Clouds 9-10 and 11 along with other University of Houston alumni about the Cougars making the NCAA tournament field for the first time in 18 years.

I shed a tear for North Carolina and UCLA not making the tournament for the first time since 1966.

Psyche.

While we didn't get assigned to the South regional, UH is in the Midwest and have a tough opening round assignment with Maryland.

While I'm hoping my boys go a long way, gotta put sentimentality aside and put on the tournament prognosticator hat.

Unlike President Obama, I didn't pick North Carolina last year to win it but on my 2009 bracket I did have them in my Final Four.

You can peruse my 2007 and 2008 brackets as we see if I can improve on last year's results.

Play In Game
Winthrop

Midwest Region

1st Round
Kansas, UNLV, Michigan State, Maryland, Tennessee, Georgetown, Oklahoma State, Ohio State

Sweet 16
Kansas, Michigan State, Georgetown, Ohio State

Elite 8
Kansas, Ohio State

Midwest Champion
Kansas

West Region

1st Round
Syracuse, Gonzaga, UTEP, Vanderbilt, Xavier, Pittsburgh, Florida, Kansas State

Sweet 16
Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, Kansas State

Elite 8
Syracuse, Kansas State

West Champion
Syracuse


East Regional

1st Round
Kentucky, Texas, Temple, Marquette, New Mexico, Missouri, West Virginia

Sweet 16
Kentucky, Temple, Marquette, West Virginia

Elite 8
Kentucky, West Virginia

East Champion
Kentucky

South Regional


1st Round
Duke, Louisville, Texas A&M, Siena, Notre Dame, Baylor, Richmond, Villanova

Sweet 16
Louisville, Texas A&M, Baylor, Villanova

Elite 8
Texas A&M, Villanova

South Champion
Villanova


Final Four Teams
Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky, Villanova

Championship Game
Kansas, Kentucky

2010 NCAA Champion
Kansas

No comments: