Saturday, April 04, 2009

Dr. John Hope Franklin 1915-2009

I was saddened to find out that 94 year old Dr. John Hope Franklin, one of my favorite historians, passed away on March 25 due to congestive heart failure.

I own one of his books and loved listening to him speak on various issues.

You also have to think about the things that this man as a historian saw unfolding across the sweep of his own life as he kept us informed and educated about our history.

Another one of our academic icons has moved on to his well earned rest, and while he'll be missed, he left a legacy of work behind that will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

Syrlinus said...

I had never heard of him until now (being Canadian, I don't know who all the American historians are) but will be adding him to my iPod Kindle app. :)

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there!

His life was well-lived!

Now may he rest in the arms of our Lord!

Peace, blessings and godliness,
Lisa